What is meditation? Meditation is a practice of sitting quietly, while regulating your breath using intone mantras or visualization in attempts to harmonize your mind, body, and soul. Why is this important?
1) Cleaning The Clutter - Meditation is really effective in clearing out mind clutter as well as energetic clutter. It is equally important to maintaining your physical and spiritual health to keep your mind and your energetic field as clutter free as possible. It's like knocking out two birds with one stone, so to speak, on a spiritual and physical level.
2) Physical Health - Meditation has also been linked to lowering blood pressure, helping with anxiety and depression just to name a few. It's affective in slowing your heart rate and calming your mind.
3) Spiritual Health - You clean your house, take showers, eat right, and maintain your physical health by getting the proper rest, etcetera. Well, it is equally important to maintain your spiritual health. When done correctly meditation will help you to align your spiritual body, which raises your vibration, helps intuitive development, and puts you in touch with your higher consciousness. Raising your vibration is one the most important things to maintaining spiritual health. While there are other ways to do this, meditation can effectively be used as a focused reminder to help keep your vibration high when you are busy thinking about work, kids, and dinner.
4) Meditation allows you to operate at your most efficient level.
There have been some extensive studies done on meditation and the most noteworthy finding of these studies seemed to show in the EEG measuring of brain wave patterns. During your waking consciousness, brain waves are random and chaotic. The brain usually operates with different wavelengths from the front to the back of the brain, and from hemisphere to hemisphere. Meditation changes this drastically. Subjects in meditation show increased Alpha waves and these waves continue to increase throughout the duration of the meditation. Also, the front and the back of the brain begin to synchronize as well as the left and the right hemispheres. In other words, the different areas of your brain begin to work together synchronistically! There has been documented research, which shows that the daily practice of meditation creates a more efficient, integrated brain functioning. After a few months, this integration in the brain is not just noticed during the meditation state but during daily activity as well. I can personally attest to this, as it helped me learn how to go into the Alpha state quickly, and at will, for when I do psychic readings.
Here is a meditation exercise I designed to help you work more efficiently with the Universal Laws. I suggest doing some type of meditation at least once a day, I personally recommend for you to do it in the morning if you only have time for one meditation. Morning meditation, I have noticed, definitely sets the tone of your day.
Before you begin, find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. You will be using a chair for this meditation, so find a comfortable chair to sit in, then place both feet flat on the floor.
1) Define what it is that you want to achieve in your meditation. This is a very important step whether it is calmness, joy, better health, or happiness; whatever it is that you desire. This is very important because intent is what actually creates things whether it is in the Spiritual or Physical realm.
2) Sit comfortably in a chair or in an upright position in a quiet place.
3) Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. Slow your breathing to a relaxed state.
4) When your breathing is rhythmic, concentrate on relaxing all of the muscles in your body.
5) Imagine that your spine is like a string on a musical instrument. Imagine that this string or cord attaches all of your chakras together, from your root chakra to your crown chakra.
6) Visualize this string or cord vibrating. Imagine that you are in control of how fast or slow the vibration is. Next raise this vibration to the highest level of vibration that you can achieve.
7) When you are vibrating at a high level, imagine that you can see a river above your body. Imagine that this river is the river of the Universe. This river of the Universe contains all the Universal energy.
8) Then visualize that you are attaching your energy to the Universal River. When you attach your energy with the Universal River, feel yourself flowing in harmony with the Universal Laws.
9) From that state imagine whatever it is that you desire being attracted to you. Imagine that your desires are coming to you as if you are a human magnet.
10) Remain in this state until you feel a sense of completion, and then release this image into the Universe.
You should not set a time limit on how long or short your meditation should be, just do what feels right. For many people it will change each day, some days it might be twenty minutes while others it might be two minutes. The consistency of meditation (how many times a week, etcetera) is more important than how long the meditation is. In my opinion, meditation time should be adjusted to fit your own personal needs depending on what is happening in your life at the time.
If you like this you can find more meditation exercises in: